Armsheim has been documented for the first time in 775 and counts with 2.613 inhabitants. The village Schirmsheim was incorporated into the community in 1969.
In the very heart of Armsheim you will find the gothic evangelical Church, built between 1431 and 1441, which is still supposed to be one of the most beautiful churches in Rhinehessen. Especially interesting for many visitors are the two privatly managed museums in Armsheim: the arrow-head museum and the doll / marionette museum. Worthwhile mentioning are also Menhire a celtic grave, the castel of the counts of Veldenz and the town hall with a pedestal of stoned grimaces, historical monuments reflecting the troubled past of the village.
Proudly the people of Armsheim call their village an up-coming community. The infrastructure of Armsheim is very well developed. In addition to kindergarten, primary school and a large sports ground with tennis-courts, one can find here doctors, banks, a post office, craftsmen and shops. Not to forget the newly built up municipal hall with more than 500 seats. There are regular trains and busses running between Armsheim and Mayence, Bingen, Alzey and Worms. An attractive building site for about 220 owner occupied houses has been developed.
The annual Armsheim kermis is celebrated always at the fourth weekend in August.
Since 1988 Armsheim maintains a partnership with the Lorraine city of Fleville-devant-Nancy.